This weekend is a diaconate formation weekend for my classmates and me. We’ll be studying “Prayer & Sacramental Participation”.
I’m going to try to remember to share when I’m away on these weekends, and ask you, in the charity of your own prayers, to please lift my classmates and me up in your prayers during these formation weekends.
In turn, I will be remembering you and keeping your intentions in prayer during our Holy Hour on the Friday night of the weekends. If there’s a particular intention you’d like me to keep in prayer, please comment with it here or message it to me privately.
N.B.: This first year is an introductory year – the four years that follow carry more intense college-level academic studies. This year’s topics include:
- September: Introduction to Discernment
- October: Introduction to Theological Reflection
- November: Introduction to Spiritual Direction
- December: Pastoral Identity, Skills, and Boundaries
- January: Prayer & Sacramental Participation
- February: Evangelization & Ecumenism
- March: Research & Writing
- April & May: Philosophy (formal academic coursework begins)
- June: Retreat